This week we feature the beautiful Rita Onwurah. She goes by the handle @RitaOnwurah on Twitter. Before we discover her and her love for Arsenal, we would like to thank @Obisingledigit for featuring on this page in the last week. His entry was very interesting and you can Click Here to read.
Let’s be honest, it’s a hard life being an Arsenal fan. Add the complications of being a vocal female Arsenal fan in heavily chauvinistic environment like ours where folks are quick to dismiss opinions on the basis of gender. you have to put some “respek” to the names of all female Gooners. However, it takes only a few minutes watching a game with Rita to know she can’t be easily put aside, her constant swearing at Arsenal players and Aaron Ramsey in particular is enough for you to feel how passionately she takes her Arsenal supporting.
Rita a scriptwriter, actress, business woman and a smile merchant. When she is not counting down to the end of the year on her Twitter page, (making all of us feel guilty about failed targets), she is throwing shades at politicians or sharing personal stories of her meek heart. You can give her a follow @RitaOnwurah or catch her watching the occasional Arsenal game at a café in ICM Ikeja .
See her responses to questions on Arsenal below:
1. When did you start supporting the club? 2006 – It was the UEFA Champions League.
2. What attracted you to the club? – I think it was watching Arsenal work hard through the stages. Then for them to lose to Barcelona in the finals. I was so pained because they were already leading 1-0. Can never forget Jans Lehman’s red card and how things just went downhill from there.
3. Who is your favourite all time Arsenal player? Has to be Thierry Henry😁
4. Who is your current favourite player in the team? Mesut Ozil
5. Your worst Arsenal signing? Has to be Mourane Chamakh
6. If you could sign one player to join Arsenal who would it be? (no Messi or Ronaldo) – RobertLewandoski
7. If you had one ticket to watch Arsenal against any other team which team would you pick? Never really thought of it. I’d love to watch all their matches.
8. Your all time worst Arsenal game? That 8 – 2 loss to Manchester United.
9. Your all-time favourite Arsenal game? The Charity Shield win over Chelsea when Mourinho was coach.
10. Which new signing are you most excited by? There’s just been 2 signings that I know of (Lacazette & Kolasinac) and so far, I’m happy with them.
11. What would be a measure of success for you this season? Winning the league.
12. Do you prefer individual goals or team worked goals? Team work. I believe the 3 points on the table is more important than whose name is on the scoreboard.
13. If you could relegate one Premier League team who would it be? Manchester United… gladly 😋
14. If you were on the Titanic that also had Arsenal players on it, and you had access to take just one Arsenal player with on the last available life boat with you would you pick and why? It’d be Mesut Ozil. I think despite some down moments, his brilliance and contributions to the team have been grossly underrated.
14. In one word, how would you describe your relationship with Arsenal? Rollercoaster.
That sums it all up.
We would like to thank Rita for gracing our page. Hopefully, Arsenal gives her more reason to smile this season. To feature on our Arsenal Fan of the Week Page simply follow and interact with us on Twitter @canoncrested . To support the site, order from our store by clicking here