Home News Arteta downplays reported bust in training, says he will find out who the leak is

Arteta downplays reported bust in training, says he will find out who the leak is

by Koolkola

The manager downplayed the incident and expressed anger at how such information leaked.

The story was reported by David Ornstein in The Athletic, and despite Ceballos labelling it ‘FAKE’ via his own Twitter account. Other sources have confirmed it to be true.

When asked if the dressing room is getting toxic, he expressed displeasure at that aspect of the story.

“I don’t like that at all and I will find out where it’s coming from,” he snapped.

 

“If that’s the case, it goes against what I expect from each other, the privacy and the confidentiality that we need.

 

“There will be consequences.”

He is expected to address staff to discuss the matter, and no one knows what the outcome will be.

However, he insisted there was no problem between the two players, and both are in contention for Sunday’s visit to Leeds.

Ceballos had earlier been involved in an incident such as this, after a bust-up with Eddie Nketiah in the warm-up at Fulham on the opening day

However, Arteta again played down the seriousness, linking it to the competitive environment in which players exist.

“Whether it’s a coincidence or not it doesn’t change things much,” he said.

 

“It’s just the competitive levels that we demand and the standards that we want to set.

 

“Obviously, it’s a very thin line where it’s competitive issue and when it goes somewhere else, which we don’t support and don’t want.

 

“It’s a contact sport, incidents are going to happen, after it’s how you resolve them within the team and with the individuals and move on from there.”

Please follow and Share this post:

Related Articles

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

close

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)